Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fitting In - Due Sept. 15th

Without using any names, describe a time when you found it hard to fit in.  What was the situation like?  How did it make you feel?  How did you go about resolving the issue?

Add your comment below, and make sure to use correct grammar and punctuation when responding.  This is still a formal writing assignment that will be assessed.

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day when me and my friend were at lunch, my friend and her other friend started telling each other their inside jokes aloud. I told her the inside joke that we shared for a while, and she just barely laughed. I felt pretty sad and left out. To clear things up, at recess the next day we walked the track (alone) and I told her how I felt and she completely understood. From now on, we would never let anybody hurt one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first time I came to this school I felt like I was out of place and too emotional. I tried to fix it by giving myself time over the school year to find out that I was just like everybody else. I found friends that I could trust. That made me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Jake, I am awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A time when I felt I didn't fit in was when I first came to this school. It made me feel nervous. I felt this way because I was new and I didn't know anybody. I fixed the problem by meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't hard at all because I started school in kindergarten so i got a friend fast so haha!!But i got freinds and was all good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first started playing football, I felt small and like nothing. After every game I got a little bit more of confidence. When the second year of football came around, I still was building confidence. My third year of football, I was one of the oldest on the team so I was working to be a role model. Every year I build a little bit more confidence in myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't feel like I was fitting in was when I was starting to play soccer. So every time I would be so shy and I didn't know how to play. So I went to my brother and he taught me how and then I was one of the best player on our team. and ever since I always loved to play soccer with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was about five when I was riding the oldest yet trustworthy horse in the stable; Siderena. The older riders would call me names and make fun of me. One day, a rider came up to me while I was brushing Siderena, and said: "Do you need help with that, Shortie?" I simply sighed and looked up at her. "No, i'm good." I said firmly. The girl stared at me with slight shock and walked away. A few years passed, and those riders are now my friends. They taught me that you can overcome anything without letting anything stand in your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. From 4-K to 1st grade I got picked of for having two really big gaps in my teeth. I felt like it was true all the mean stuff they said so I was really hurt. I went home and cried every day. But one day I thought to myself, "Why should I care what they think of me." And so the next day I went to them and I said, "Why should I care what you think of me."

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to camp over the summer. At camp all of the girls in my cabin all ready knew each other and were their own tight group. They were always saying inside jokes and talking about people who went to their school. I felt left out. Then another girl in my cabin became really upset. She told me that she was upset because we were always doing things that she didn't know how to do. To fix the problem we just hung out together and did things we both could do and talked about things we both knew about. Now we write to each other and are really close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was in Institute (Violin summer camp) was a time when I felt like I don't fit in because there were about a 500 kids and most of them know each other. I don't have anyone to talk to. Then two days into the camp I met some people and then we became friends and the rest of the time at Violin Camp was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Last time I didn't fit in was when I started cross country. I didn't know anyone. Then I found one of my friends. Then I fit in with cross country. know I run when ever I fell like it is fun doing cross counrty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't fit in last season during baseball in Plover. I barely knew anyone on my team. But I liked everyone on my team and they liked me. So I fit in right away.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last time I didn't fit in was when I joined cheer. I didn't know anyone on my squad or team. then i found some friends on my team. They helped me learn my cheers and stunts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The time I didn't fit in was at curling, everyone was older than me and my dad was teaching other kids. I`m not allowed to interrupt him while he is teaching. I felt really scared, but then one girl I knew started to talk to me and I felt less scared.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I first started school I thought I would never make friends but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. First time going to school everybody treated me different then others

    ReplyDelete
  19. when we play basketball at recces I suck at it I always get out in usally the first round but i am getting better

    ReplyDelete
  20. At one time people would not let me play because I was to good at football I felt bad i so i started my own game.

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I was younger and didn't speak English well it was hard for me to talk to my friends I felt alone and frustrated. I learned how to speak English by going to preschool and listening to my friends and teachers speak the language.-Cassie

    ReplyDelete