Sunday, September 21, 2014

Character Birthday Present - Due September 26th

Choose a character from your Guided Reading Book.  In the first sentence, identify which book you are reading, as well as which character you are choosing to buy a present for.  Then you will decide what an appropriate birthday present would be for the character you chose.  Describe why you chose the item you did, and how you think the character might react.

To receive all points, your post must use proper grammar, spelling, and complete sentences. Make sure you answer all parts of the question!

20 comments:

  1. I would give Max from Freak The Mighty a lock for his door in the down under. He could use the lock to lock the door so his dad can't get into his room. The reason he wouldn't want his dad in his room because he just got out of prison after killing someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Outsiders and the character I picked is Pony boy. I would give Pony boy the series Harry Potter for him to read because he likes reading. I think that Pony boy might be very happy with the present, but I think he would finnish Gone With the Wind first

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would give Manic Magee money so he can live in a home so he doesn't have to run around the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The character I chose was Jeffery in Maniac Magee. The present I chose for him is some close. His close are really nasty and ripped to peaces. I think that he will react really surprised and happy for some new close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading Fire Girl and I choose Jeff as my character to buy a present for. I will buy Jeff a toy cobra car because when Jeff is old enough to drive, he would like to buy a cobra car. I feel if he had a toy cobra car now it will make him feel like his dream car will come true in the future. I think Jeff would be happy to get a model of his dream car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The character I chose is Ponyboy. I would give him a pocket knife because he loves to get in fights. It would help him win more fights. Plus he really deserves it. He would feel really excited about the knife.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book is Maniac and if i was going to get him a birthday presents it woulds be clothes because he has bad clothes and no home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading Freak the Mighty. The character I am choosing is Freak. I would give him the most modern electronics that there is. I would give him this because he is really smart, and he could probably use them every day. Freak would probably go "Wow! This is so cool!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chose Melody. I would give her my ability to speak, if its possible. I talk way too much and I really need to shut my mouth these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would give Maniac clothes and food because he is always on the run and he has no food and water. The only thing he can get is large pizza, from Cobble's Store, because he untied the Cobble Knot. The only thing is, he is allergic to pizza. So, I wouldn't give him pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I could compare anyone it would be Raina because they have stuffthat they don't wantr

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would give Melody something to help her walk and talk because she has been trying and she cant do those things

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would give Jessica from Fire Girl a puppy because she seems lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My book is Freak the Mighty I choose Freak. I would get freak legos because he likes to make planes and robots. I think he is going to like it. I think he would make it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In the book The Outsiders.If i gave a present to someone i would give it to ponyboy!The gift would be a weight lifting set so he would be stronger!He would react great because he would be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book I am reading is called Freak The Mighty. I would give Max a dictionary because Freak uses all these big words and Max doesn't alwase know what he is talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading The Outsiders, and if I were to give someone a gift it would be Johnny, before he dies. I would give him two airplane tickets to Costa Rica. He could have a vacation with a friend, so he could get away from his parents for a while. I would also give him 500 dollars to spend. I think that he would be happy and very surprised when he got the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am reading the book the outsiders if i could give a present to any character i would give pony boy tons of books because he likes reading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am reading The Outsiders. I would give hair gel to Soda because he is a Greaser and greasers always have their hair slicked back. I think that he would hug me and say thank you.

    ReplyDelete